Police Officer Position
The Wellsville Police Department is taking applications for the position of Police Officer.
We are a progressive department in a growing community of approximately 2,000.
Applicants must be motivated, value honor and integrity, possess strong communication skills, be committed to public service and be able to render sound decisions under pressure.
Salary – Dependent on Qualifications and prior law enforcement experience.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Enforcing all federal, state and local laws and ordinances
- Patrolling business districts and residential neighborhoods to deter and detect crime.
- Respond to a variety of calls for service.
- Investigate/follow- up on reports and cases.
- Protecting person(s) or property; and securing and protecting prisoners.
- When not responding to calls for service, department members are expected to use self-directed work time in an efficient manner by self-initiating work on those tasks identified by supervisory personnel as priorities for this job position.
- Participate in community events / activities.
- Must be willing to work a highly flexible schedule based on case load and needs of the department.
- This position requires working Days, Nights, Weekends and Holidays.
- Quarterly shift rotation between day/night.
- Officers work 12 hour shifts with every other 3 day weekend off for a total of 7 days/84 hours in a 14 day period.
- High school or GED diploma.
- United States Citizen.
- 21-years of age at time of appointment.
- KLETC certified officers preferred, but not required. We will train the right person.
- No Felony, domestic violence or serious misdemeanor offenses.
- Possess a valid Kansas driver’s license.
Selection process includes an oral board interview, extensive background check, drug screen, physical, and psychological testing.
Take home vehicle if residing within a 30 mile radius.
Uniform and equipment provided
Employer paid Medical, Dental and Life for employee
Sick leave, Paid holidays and KPERS retirement.
Supplemental Insurance Options available. – VSP Vision, AFLAC, Additional life.
The City of Wellsville is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date: Open until Filled
Position may close to applications without notice.
To submit a resume and request an application please contact:
Wellsville Police Department
Attn: Chief D. Hackler
Wellsville, Ks 66092
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org