Police Officer Position
The Wellsville Police Department is seeking motivated candidates to join our department.
The City of Wellsville is a growing community and our department is growing with it.
We are a progressive department seeking persons of honor and integrity who possess strong communication skills, committed to public service and be able to render sound decisions under pressure
Salary – Dependent on Qualifications and prior law enforcement experience.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Enforcing all federal, state and local laws and ordinances
- Patrolling business districts and residential neighborhoods to deter and detect crime.
- Respond to a variety of calls for service.
- Investigate/follow- up on reports and cases.
- Protecting person(s) or property; and securing and protecting prisoners.
- When not responding to calls for service, department members are expected to use self-directed work time in an efficient manner by self-initiating work on those tasks identified by supervisory personnel as priorities for this job position.
- Participate in community events / activities.
- Must be willing to work a highly flexible schedule based on case load and needs of the department.
- This position requires working Days, Nights, Weekends and Holidays.
- Quarterly shift rotation between day/night.
- Officers work 12 hour shifts with every other 3 day weekend off for a total of 7 days/84 hours in a 14 day period.
- High school or GED diploma.
- United States Citizen.
- 21-years of age at time of appointment.
- KLETC certified officers preferred, but not required. We will train the right person.
- No Felony, domestic violence or serious misdemeanor offenses.
- Possess a valid Kansas driver’s license.
Selection process includes an oral board interview, extensive background check, drug screen, physical, and psychological testing.
Take home vehicle if residing within a 30 mile radius.
Uniform and equipment provided
Employer paid Medical, Dental and Life for employee
Sick leave, Paid holidays and KPERS retirement.
Supplemental Insurance Options available. – VSP Vision, AFLAC, Additional life.
The City of Wellsville is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date: Open until Filled
Position may close to applications without notice.
To submit a resume and request an application please contact:
Wellsville Police Department
Attn: Chief D. Hackler
Wellsville, Ks 66092
Email address: email@example.com