Police Officer Position
The Wellsville Police Department is seeking an intelligent, self-motivated, and community oriented individual with excellent problem-solving skills to join our Police Department as a full-time Patrol Officer. In addition to these attributes, the ideal candidate will have strong integrity. Successful candidate will work under the direct supervision of the Chief of Police.
Salary – starts at $36,500 Depending on qualifications.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Enforcing all federal, state and local laws and ordinances
- Taking calls for service
- Patrolling business districts and residential neighborhoods to deter and detect crime.
- Investigate complaints
- Citing and/or arresting law violators
- Follow up on pending reports and cases
- Protecting person(s) or property; and securing and protecting prisoners.
- When not responding to calls for service, department members are expected to use self-directed work time in an efficient manner by self-initiating work on those tasks identified by supervisory personnel as priorities for this job position.
- Officers work 12 hour rotating shifts consisting of Days, Nights, Weekends and Holidays
- High school or GED diploma,
- 21-years of age at time of appointment
- KLETC certified preferred
- No Felony’s or serious Misdemeanors
- Possess a valid Kansas driver’s license
- Ability to pass an extensive background check, interview board, drug screen and psychological testing.
Officers must reside within a 25 mile radius of the City limits within 90 days of hire.
Benefits include: Employer paid Medical, Dental and Life for individual – Sick leave, Paid holidays and KPERS retirement. Take home vehicle, Uniform and equipment provided
The City of Wellsville is an equal opportunity employer.
To obtain an application please contact:
Wellsville Police Department
Attn: Deb Swank – Admin. Assistant
Wellsville, Ks 66092