Public Works Laborer II
Posted: Dec 2021
Under the direction of the City Superintendent, performs a variety of skilled and unskilled duties associated with the maintenance of city streets, city cemeteries, city buildings and properties, wastewater treatment plant and collection lines, water towers, water tanks and distribution lines, operation of heavy and medium duty equipment and trucks, performs on-call duties, (monthly or as necessary).
- Serve as crew member for providing assistance in Utilities operations.
- Repair and operate water distribution mains, ground storage and elevated water towers, wastewater piping, manholes, sanitary sewer lift stations, booster stations, and storm water systems.
- Service and repair pumps, motors, hydrants and meters.
- Assist with snow removal in inclement weather.
- Assist other City departments as assigned.
- Follow department safety procedures and practices along with department policies and procedures.
- Ability to follow written and oral instruction.
- Ability to work independently with limited or infrequent supervision.
- On-call and overtime as assigned.
REQUIRED TRAINING AND /OR EXPERIENCE
Must possess a high school diploma, or equivalent and one year of experience in the field of Municipal Maintenance.
Must possess a valid Kansas driver’s license and class B with air CDL or the ability to obtain such within 6 months of employment.
KDHE Certification as Class I water certification and/or Class 2 water treatment facility operator or be able to obtain within 2 years of employment.
KPERS, sick pay, vacation pay, Insurance, 12 paid holidays
Applications available at City Hall, 411 Main Street, Wellsville, KS PH (785-883-2296)
or Email a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org